Truly connect with nature with an investment in an ecosystem pond. These ponds provide shelter, nourishment and safety to the wildlife around it, creating a space that encourages biodiversity. Nearly 70% of the wetlands in Ontario have disappeared as a direct result of either draining land for agriculture or development. Installing an ecosystem pond into your landscape, is not only a peaceful get away but gives back to the earth.
Earth Elements expertise ensures that you not only have the pond that you dreamed of, but that it functions efficiently.
We can help you:
· Determine the best location
· Design the layout
· Determine the best materials to produce the ecosystem that you desire
· Install the system, ensuring that all components are functioning efficiently
· Provide spring and fall clean up
· Walk you through the maintenance
· Provide support: whether it’s determining a new plant to add or questions about maintenance
Proper installation is key: if just one of the pieces is missing, you will have an unbalanced eco system that may be challenging to maintain. Let Earth Elements help reconnect you to biodiversity: Create your own ecosystem pond today.
Ecosystem Ponds: Give Back to the Earth Blog (pond section)
More than just a body of a water, adding an eco system pond will not only enhance your property but the environment. Ontario wetlands are at risk, with up to 70% either degraded or destroyed. When you choose to add an ecosystem pond onto your golf course or property, you create both a mini oasis and an alternative habitat for wildlife is at risk.
· Creates a habitat for waterfowl, amphibians, fish and aquatic plants
· Minimal maintenance
· 100% sustainable
· Collects rain water reducing stress in residential water system
· Range of sizes and shapes, easily adapted for almost any region
How does it work?
An ecosystem pond replicates the components that would exist in a natural environment. These ponds include a balance of aeration, filtration, plants, fish, rock and gravel. Just like a puzzle, the pieces seamlessly work together to create a thriving ecosystem, keeping the pond naturally balanced and minimizing maintenance.